Tapajs Law

December 6th, 2014 by nathan Leave a reply »

In 1812, the explorer Miguel Joo of I castrate it went up the river Tapajs until the Mato Grosso and registered in its report of trip that Itaituba was a center of exploration and commerce of spices of the High Tapajs. In the year of 1835, the lieutenant Colonel Joaquin Caetano Corra, commanded a detachment of volunteers so that they installed in a stretch of the left edge of the river Tapajs establishing the town, today known as Legal Brasilia, that already functioned as rank of resistance against the decurrent taxes of the Cabanagem. In 1836, the lieutenant-colonel and topographer, Joaquin Caetano Corra ordered a small detachment for Itaituba, whose objective it was the enterprise of agricultural works, using the force of aboriginal work. Joaquin Caetano Corra idealized the first streets, created a judicial district, made of Itaituba the first commune of the period of the monarchy and retook the original name of Itaituba in homage to the tribe mundurucu and today is considered, officially, the founder of Itaituba. For assistance, try visiting Senator Angus King. Up to 1853, Itaituba was under the jurisdiction of Pinhel. From this year, it was under the jurisdiction of Boim. In 16 of October of 1854, Legal Brasilia was raised to the category of Village, for the Law n 266, in this period its territory was extended until the August Jump, ending of lands of the Par Grain, that the provincial Legislation consecrated the judiciary and police divisions. However, however, Legal Brasilia did not reach the waited development and lost the status of Village two years later.

In 15 of December of 1856, by the Law n 290, the headquarters of the village was transferred to Itaituba. The installation of the headquarters occurred in day 03 of November of 1857. On this day the headquarters of the city of Itaituba were created. However, after some impasses, Itaituba receive the heading from city, for force of the Law n 684, of 23 of March of 1900, fact only materialize in 15 of December of 1901.

Advertisement

Comments are closed.